Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Earring Holder

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the comments on my first DIY project. I hope some of you can appreciate this project as well :)

This week, I made an earring holder. I have seen these at the stores and am not sure exactly how much they cost (I am guessing around 10-15 dollars), but this was COMPLETELY FREE for me to make! I looked up pictures on the internet under "jewelry organizer" to get the basics of what people use to make this and just used what was available in my house to put this project together. You can improvise, depending on what your house can supply you with but this is what I used:

Lace fabric
3 picture frames (just the fronts)
Hot glue-gun
Scissors



I first cut out the lace fabric according to my picture frame sizes. Than I hot glue-gunned  them to the back (be careful - very very hot!)

Here is what they look like
If you want you can decorate the edges of your holder with whatever you can find in your house (fake flowers, ribbon, charms, etc.) but I chose to keep it simple since that is what I prefer. It's as easy at that! Below is the finished product :)



 Remember: use whatever is lying around your house! This should cost you NO money at all. Type in "earring holder" or "jewelry organizer" into Google to find inspiration on what you can use. That is what I did and it worked out great. Now I have a place for all of my earrings without spending a dime.

Until next time,
-G



1 comment:

  1. Wow! What big earrings you have there Gina! Another great project. Your mom must be so proud of your craftiness. (unless of course those 'were' your mom curtain hanging around the house)

    Seriously, love the blog. Great instructions, and visual, not to mention the necessary warning about glue gun. Anyone who has used one and burnt themselves would agree its good to warn first time users. ��

    ReplyDelete